Yogurt is so satisfying and creamy and healthy that you should want to eat it plain or with berries or add a little flavor to it.
The reason we love fat-filled dairy products is because of their taste and texture. Butter contains about 1,600 calories per cup and cream contains about 800 calories per cup. That’s the bad news. The good news, is that all natural yogurt contains just 120 to 130 calories per cup, is a great source of high quality protein, and gives dishes flavor and texture similar to cream and butter. There are many ways to consume yogurt and we have a few ideas for you.
- Make frozen yogurt pops with just yogurt, fruit, and the healthy sweetener of your choice. Choose non-fat yogurt and you’ll save up to 130 calories and 6 grams of fat per portion!
- Use yogurt instead of cream in the creamy dishes you cook up (creamy pasta). This will result in a dramatic reduction in calories and fat grams. You’ll save up to 300 calories and 55 grams of fat per portion.
- Use plain yogurt instead of cream and butter in mashed potatoes and on a baked potato. You’ll save up to 350 calories and 25 grams of fat per portion.
- Use plain yogurt instead of mayonnaise in all your dips and cold sauces – for example, use yogurt in egg salad instead of mayonnaise. You’ll save up to 340 calories and 9 grams of fat per portion.
- Use a mixture of plain yogurt and chicken / vegetable broth as a base for your next baked dish or cream sauce. You’ll save up to 500 calories and 40 grams of fat per portion.
Rate this post: [ratings]