This soup is so tasty, it’s hard to believe it’s healthy! A delicious creamy curry soup loaded with vegetables and exotic spices. Just dust off the kitchen knife and do some chopping. It’s worth it!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 -2 large yellow onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic (3 fresh cloves chopped)
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, sliced and chopped
- 2 tablespoons curry powder or 2 tablespoons garam masala
- 1 teaspoon cumin (jeera)
- 1 teaspoon turmeric (haldi)
- 1 teaspoon coriander (dhaniya)
- 6 -8 cups vegetable stock
- 2 bay leaves (kadi patta)
- 1⁄4lb split peas
- 1⁄2lb red lentil
- 1⁄2lb yellow lentils
- 4 large carrots, chopped
- 3 -4 large chopped tomatoes
- 2 large potatoes, cubed
- 1 large butternut squash, cubed
- In pot stir fry for 2 minutes: Add 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1-2 large yellow onions chopped, 1 tbsp garlic ( 3 fresh cloves chopped), 2 tbps fresh ginger sliced and chopped , 2 tbsp curry powder or 2 tbsp garam masala, teaspoon cumin, 1 teaspoon turmeric, 1 teaspoon coriander.
- After about 5 minutes, add : 6 – 8 cups of vegetable stock, 2 bay leaves ,1/4 Lbs split peas ,1/2 lbs red lentils. 1/2 lbs yellow lentils, 4 large carrots chopped, 3-4 large chopped tomatoes, 2 large potatoes cubed, 1 large butternut squash cubed.
- Add any vegetables you like; peas, corn, or cauliflower
- Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 1 hour or more, or until the peas are tender.
- Serve with hot red pepper flakes/ fresh chopped cilantro on top/ spoonful of plain yogurt to taste on top.
Prep Time: 20 Minutes | Cook Time : 1 Hour 10 Minutes | Total Time: 1 Hour 30 Minutes