A vegetarian meal can provide a lot of nutrients you need to stay healthy during pregnancy. Most vegetarian foods do not have high quantity of protein. Your body requires a little more protein during pregnancy, and this is easily provided by adding a slight twist to your vegetarian diet.
A healthy combination of sprouted beans which are protein rich, with fresh vegetables and energy providing sweet corn, the Sprouts, Corn and Vegetable Salad is crunchy , tasty and nutritious. Here’s how to make it.
- ¼ cup moong sprouts (green gram)
- ¼ cup chana sprouts (kala chana)
- ¼ cup steamed corn (makai)
- 1 carrot (gajar)
- 1 cucumber (kheera)
- 1 small broccoli
- Few lettuce leaves
- 1 tsp green chilli paste
- 2 tsps green coriander (dhania) paste
- 1 tsp oil
- ½ tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
- ½ tsp mustard seeds (rai or sarson)
- Pinch of asafoetida (hing)
- 2 tsps lemon juice
- Curry leaves (kadhi patta)
- ½ tsp chat masala
- Coriander (dhania) leaves
- Salt to taste
- Cut all the vegetable really fine and set aside.
- Put oil in a pan. Once the oil is hot add mustard seeds, jeera,hing.
- Add curry leaves and spourted channa.
- Cover the pan with a lid. After 2 minutes add moong sprouts and corn.
- Add a little salt and stir fry for some time.
- Put a lid and allow to cool for sometime.
- Take this mixture with the vegetables in a salad bowl.
- Add chat masala,lemon juice and some salt for taste.
- Mix well and garnish with corriander.
- Keep it in the refriderator till the salad is ready to be served.
Prep Time: 5 Minutes | Cook Time : 5 Minutes | Total Time: 10 Minutes
Rate this post: [ratings]