Enjoy this tangy, yummy, full with proteins, iron, calcium, folic acid, and fiber rich wholesome salad, perfect mid morning or late evening snack during pregnancy
- 2 cups chopped cabbage
- 1/2 cup yellow moong dal
- 1 cup grated Paneer
- 2 tsp oil
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 2 to 3 curry leaves
- 1/4 tsp asafoetida
- 3/4 tsp finely chopped green chillies
- Salt to taste
- 3 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Wash and soak the yellow moong dal in enough water in a deep bowl for 30 minutes. Drain and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the curry leaves, asafoetida and green chillies and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the yellow moong dal and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the salt and 2 tbsp of water and mix well. Cover with a lid and cook on a slow flame for 3 to 4 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the cabbage, Paneer mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the flame, transfer the mixture into a deep bowl and cool it slightly.
- Add the coriander and lemon juice and mix well. Serve immediately.
Preparation Time: 30 Minutes | Cook Time: 10 Minutes | Total Time: 40 Minutes