Yummy soft rotis made with a twist by adding potatoes. Perfect breakfast for pregnant ladies with morning sickness. Enjoy these rotis with some curds to make it a complete meal.
- 1 cup boiled, peeled and grated potatoes
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup finely chopped coriander
- 1 tsp finely chopped green chillies
- 2 tbsp melted ghee
- Salt to taste
- Whole wheat flour for rolling
- Oil for cooking
- Fresh curd
- Mint chutney
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl, mix well and knead into a soft smooth dough, without using any water. Cover and keep aside for at least 10 to 15 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal portions.
- Roll out each portion of the dough into a 125 mm. (5”) diameter circle with the help of a little flour.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook each roti, using a little oil, till golden brown spots appear on both the sides.
- Serve immediately with curds or mint chutney.
Nutrient value per serving
- Calories- 144
- Carbs- 13.7 gms
- Proteins- 3 gms
- Fat- 8.6 gms
Prep time: 15 mins | Cooking time: 15 mins | Total Time: 30 mins