Nutritious combination of cereal, pulse, green leafy vegetable, milk and curds… making it rich in folic acid, iron, protein and calcium.
- 1 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup besan
- 1/2 cup grated potatoes
- 3/4 cup chopped spinach
- 2 tsp finely chopped green chillies
- 4 tbsp curds
- 1 tbsp oil
- Salt to taste
- Whole wheat flour for rolling
- Oil for cooking
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and knead in to a soft dough using enough warm water.
- Divide the dough into 14 equal portions and roll out each portion into a circle of 125 mm. (5″) diameter, using a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook each roti, using a little oil, till it turns golden brown in colour from both sides.
- Enjoy these nutritious and yummy rotis with some fresh curds or vegetable.
Nutrient value per serving
Energy 93 kcal
Carbs 11.4 gms
Proteins 2.3 gms
Fat 4.1 gms
Prep time 15 mins | Cooking time 20 mins | Yields 14 rotis