The amino acid content in bajra and jowar is readily available and easily digestible compared to wheat. These rotis are full of proteins,fiber,iron, calcium, phosphorus and magnesium perfect for pregnant mothers and also during the weight loss phase post pregnancy.
- Bajra flour 1/2 cup
- Jowar flour 1/2 cup
- Methi leaves chopped 2 tbsp
- Garlic cloves 3 crushed
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- 1/2 tsp jeera powder
- Salt to taste
- Oil for cooking
- Combine all ingredients except oil in a bowl and knead in to a soft dough, using warm water as required. ( be careful while adding water as you do not want the dough to be really soft or else it will be difficult to roll the roti)
- Divide the dough in to 4 equal portions.
- Pat each portion on a floured surface using your palms till it is circle of 5″ diameter.
- Cook on a tava with some oil till both sides are lightly browned. Repeat the process for the remaining rotis.
- Enjoy the hot with some curd or vegetable. You can also roll the rotis in between 2 plastic sheets.
Nutrient value per serving
- Calories 124 kcal
- Carbs 18 gms
- Proteins 2.8 gms
- Fats 4.6 gms
Prep time : 5 mins | Cooking time : 20 mins | Total Time: 25 mins