Don’t be put off by the name; The Methi Cake is actually a great snack for those post pregnancy hunger pangs. Contains fresh methi leaves and a mix of flours to give us most of the essential nutrients requires during lactation.
- 1cup methi leaves/spinach leaves
- 1 cup sweet corn
- 1 medium onion
- 3 green chilies
- 2 cloves garlic (optional)
- ½ cup coriander
- ½ cup milk or buttermilk
- 1 egg
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- ¼ cup semolina
- ¼ cup rajgeera
- ¼ cup Bengal gram flour
- ¼ cup bajra flour
- Salt to taste
- 2 ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- Sesame seeds and grated coconut for garnishing
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius
- Liquidize the fenugreek or spinach leaves, corn, onion, egg, chillies and coriander.
- In a mixing bowl, mix all the dry ingredients; slowly beat in the oil, milk or buttermilk and the liquidized mixture. Mix until smooth, pour into one large pan or muffin tins, and sprinkle with sesame seeds and grated coconut.
- Bake for 20 – 30 mins or until done.(if using muffin tins, bake for 15 mins)
- Serve with fresh chutney
Preparation Time: 20 mins | Cooking time: 35-40 mins | Total time: 1 hour