Matki pulao is loaded with proteins, fiber, calcium , vitamin C and folate perfect wholesome one pan dish for pregnant mothers.
- Moth Beans (Matki) Sprouts, 1 cup
- Cooked Rice, 2 cups
- Oil, 1 tbsp.
- Cumin Seeds, (Jeera)1 tsp
- Cloves, ( Laung) 2-3
- Asafoetida, (Hing) 1/2 tsp
- Green Chillies, finely chopped, 1 and 1/2 tsp
- Ginger (Adrak), grated, 1/2 tsp
- Onions, finely chopped, 1/2 cup
- Capsicum, finely chopped, 1/4 cup
- Turmeric Powder, 1/4 tsp
- Chilli Powder, 1/2 tsp
- Coriander Powder, 1 tsp
- Lemon juice 1 tbsp
- Salt, to taste
- Coriander Leaves, finely chopped, 1 tbsp. – for garnish
- First sprout the moth beans or matki. For this clean the matki, wash them and soak in water for 6-8 hours or overnight. Then drain the water and hang the matki in a soaked muslin cloth for 10-12 hours or till you see sprouts emerge from them
- Boil the matki sprouts using 2 cups of water for 1 cup of sprouts, for 10-12 minutes in a covered vessel on medium flame. Drain the excess water. Keep aside.
- Heat oil in a thick-bottomed pan, when it gets hot add the cumin seeds
- When the cumin seeds sizzle, add the cloves, asafoetida, finely chopped green chillies, and grated ginger
Saute on medium flame for a few seconds
- Add the finely chopped onions and saute for 2-3 minutes till they become translucent.
Add the chopped capsicum. Saute for half a minute
- Next add the turmeric powder, chilli powder, and coriander powder
- Saute on medium flame for a few seconds taking care not to burn the spices. Add the boiled matki sprouts, mix well and saute for 1 minute.
- Now add the cooked rice, add salt as required, toss well and cook on medium flame for a couple of minutes stirring continuously. Sprinkle some lemon juice on top and mix well.
- Garnish the matki pulao with chopped coriander leaves. Serve with raita of your choice.
Matki Pulao Recipe was last modified: October 30th, 2016 by