There are a whole lot of post-pregnancy recipes and ingredients that can help you as a lactating mother, while you are feeding your new born baby. Many of these homemade Indian recipes are very useful and beneficial.
However at times, you might want to try something different from what you might be eating regularly. Here is a Lactation Biscuits Recipe that incorporates ingredients which help lactation by increasing your milk supply and they taste delicious too. So whenever you want to take a break from eating the regular things, bake these in a jiffy and you can store them for upto 2-3 weeks.
- 1 cup Rolled Oats
- ½ cup chopped Almonds
- 1 tbsp Flax seeds
- ½ cup organic Jaggery
- ½ tbsp Fennel/Saunf Seeds
- ¼ cup Ghee/Butter
- Grease a baking tray and keep it ready. Preheat the oven at 180 degrees Celsius for 10 minutes.
- Dry roast the oats and then grind them coarsely. Add the chopped almonds, flax seeds, fennel seeds to it and mix well.
- Add the organic jaggery – either as a powder or in grated form to the above dry mix. Mix it thoroughly to ensure that the jaggery has been spread uniformly. Then slowly add the ghee or butter ( at room temperature and soft). As the dough comes together, do not knead it. Just bring it together and then cling wrap the dough.
- Refrigerate it for 30 minutes. Take them out and shape them into whatever shape you prefer and place them on the baking tray. Then bake them at 180 degrees , for 15- 20 minutes.
- Allow them to cool off well and then remove them from the tray. Store them in air tight containers.