You must be tired and overwhelmed by the first few weeks at home with your new baby, and being stylish isn’t exactly a priority. Some days, just getting dressed feels boring. But after hanging out in an ugly gown at the hospitalm and probably having a few days before you never get out of your PJs, believe me when we say that taking a quick shower and getting dressed in something that makes you feel good can have a hugely positive impact on your whole mindset.
When you’re deciding what to wear during this first month postpartum, keep in mind these simple tips on how to dress after having a baby:
- Don’t expect to fit into your old clothes right away! Too-tight clothes are never attractive. Have patience and remember that it took you nine months to get up to the size you were when you had your babym and it might take nine months to get back to your former size.
- Hang on to a few maternity pieces for a little while. Nothing tentlike, but maybe a good pair of jeans with an internal adjustable waistband, or a cute top from before you got really big.
- Skip the superbaggy clothes: Baggy clothes aren’t hiding anything. They just look sloppy.
- Wear dark colors, keep the silhoutte simple and avoid bright pants that call attention.
- Empire waists are your best friends
- Buy two affordable bras at a time. Your bra size may change many times over the next few months so don’t go out and buy a dozen bras at once, but have two that fit you well right now.
- This is not the time to invest in expensive clothes – your current size is not permanent. Look for inexpensive flattering pieces from local stores and may be a few trendy pieces from Amazon or Jabong.
Shop for Maternity Wear on Amazon.
- If you want to treat yourself to something, think about a cashmere wrap or cardigan that can cocoon you and still look good a size up from your normal size.
Once you are settled at home, try to get dressed every day. Shine on, you real diamond!