These yummy Paneer moong toasts can be a perfect breakfast for pregnant ladies as it is an awesome combination of complex carbohydrates, and high in proteins, calcium and Fiber.
- Split green moong dal( green gram): ½ cup
- Ginger: ½” piece to thick paste
- Fine chopped onion: ¼ cup
- Grated carrots 1/2 cup
- Paneer or tofu: ½ cup
- Finely chopped coriander leaves: 2 tbsp
- Finely chopped green chilly: 2
- Sesame seeds: 1 tbsp
- Tomato ketchup: 2 tbsp
- Bread slices 4
- Salt to taste
- Oil 1/2 tbsp
- Butter 1/2 tbsp
- Clean, wash and soak split moong dal overnight or for 8-10 hours.
- Drain the water add ginger, green chillies and coriander leaves,grind it to thick paste.
- Take it out in a mixing bowl and add onion, paneer, grated carrots, and little salt.Mix the mixture well.
- Take a slice of bread and cut it diagonally,apply ketchup on it.
- Take generous amount of mixture and apply it on the bread.
- Sprinkle some sesame seeds over the mixture.
- Heat a pan at medium heat and add ½ tsp of oil on it.
- Put bread mixture side down and cook for 2-3 minutes before turning.
- After 3 minutes apply some butter on bread and flip it over.
- Press gently and cook till bread becomes golden brown and crispy from both sides. Paneer moong toast is ready.
Nutrient value per serving
Calories 232 kcal
Carbs 26.3 gms
Proteins 10 gms
Fat 10.6 gms
Prep time 10 mins | Cooking time 10 minutes | Yields 4 servings