Turn your meal times exciting and healthy by making these healthy and yummy eggplant burgers… well who wouldn’t like fast food with a healthy twist…
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 thick slice of eggplant
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- 1/2 tsp crushed garlic
- 2 tsp of oregano
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 hamburger buns
- Lettuce leaves
- Red onion slices
- Tomato slices
- Cucumber slices
- 2 slices of slim cut Swiss cheese ( optional)
- Sprinkle eggplant slices with salt and let stand for 30 minutes and pat dry.
- In a small bowl stir together olive oil, paprika, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper. Brush each side of the eggplant slices.
- Heat a pan or BBQ grill and cook each eggplant slice for 3 to 4 minutes on both the sides.
- Toast or grill the buns. Top the bottom of the bun with lettuce leaves, some cucumber slices, tomato slices, onion slice and an eggplant slice. Then spread desired amount of garlic hummus.
- Top with another eggplant slice, some tomato and cucumber slices,a slice of cheese and top of the bun, or use your preferred toppings and enjoy!!!!
Nutrient serving per Burger
Carbs 23.8 gms
Protein- 6.7 gms
Fat 12 gms
Preparation time 10 mins | Cooking time 40 mins | Makes 2 burgers