Part of kick-starting a healthy lifestyle is taking good care of yourself, in little ways and big ways. One of the ways of feeling rejuvenated is to treat yourself to a facial. Since our face is the first thing that everyone sees and notices about you, it’s time to treat it right.
A good facial leaves you with clear pores and soft, perfectly moisturized skin. As a bonus, you feel totally relaxed. Make sure you get your money’s worth by doing your homework and finding a great facialist (read online reviews, get recommendations from friends), and while you’re there ask a lot of questions about your skin type and what products are best for it. Do you need to be using a richer moisturizer? Exfoliating more often? Applying a Vitamin C serum? Learn what will help you glow. Pro Tip: You don’t need to buy the expensive products sold at the spa – ask for more general recommendations and shop around for lower-priced versions.
For moms who don’t find the time to visit a salon or a beauty parlor, we have the perfect DIY facial procedure for you. Although this might not give you the results you’ll get from a professional facial, but it will be certainly good for your skin. And its easy!
Here is our five or six step DIY Facial:
- Wash your face with a gentle cleanser that’s right for your skin type.
- Exfoliate your skin with a gentle scrub, using a light circular motion and focusing on the areas where your pores might be the most clogged.
- Open your pores by wetting a washcloth with warm water and applying it to your face for ten to fifteen seconds. Repeat three to four times.
- Apply a facial mask appropriate for your skin type – a hydrating mask for dry skin, or a clay-based mask for oily skin.
- If desired, apply a toner that’s right for your skin type.
- Apply a moisturizer, again choosing one that’s right for your skin type – rich and hydrating for dry skin; lighter and maybe oil-free for oily skin
Rate this post: [ratings]