Morning sickness is a silly term. Sure, you must have felt sick in the morning – and the rest of the day, too. It is no fun. Pregnancy-related nausea stinks, and there’s not much you can do to make it go away completely, but here are a few tips to deal with morning sickness:
- Sniff citrus: The smell of citrus oil can calm nausea. You can find tangerine oil online or at a nearby convenience store. Make sure you keep it with you all the time. Alternatively, you could just cut a lemon in half and smell that.
- Keep crackers at hand all the time, even by your bed. Eating bland foods like crackers such as marie biscuits can help alleviate nausea.
- Try a few sips of Ginger Ale.
- Eat just a little at a time. Having small bites or sips of something healthy might make nausea go away, or at least it will help you get some nutrients into your system.
- Pay attention to when you are the most nauseous and when you feel okay. At those times when you feel decent, try to get down some healthy food.
- Sneak in nutrients. If you can stomach fruit smoothies, for example, add nutritious foods (like carrots or spinach) into the mix so you can ingest them without really tasting them. Here is our Green smoothie recipes for moms.
Rate this post: [ratings]