Easy to make chickpeas lemon rice should be enjoyed during the nursing phase as chickpeas and brown rice both are good lactation boosters for the nursing mommies. You can enjoy this one pan dish with some yogurt or plain, anyhow it tastes delicious.
- Brown rice 2 cups
- Water 2 1/4 cups
- Chickpeas soaked over night and boiled 2 cups
- Vegetable seasoning cube 1
- Garlic minced 4 cloves
- Oil 1 tbsp
- Lemon juice 1 tbsp
- Lemon zest 1/2 tbsp
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Coriander chopped 1/4 cup
- In a medium pot with a lid, add water, brown rice and the vegetable seasoning cube.
- Cover the lid and bring to a boil, simmer the flame until the rice gets cooked and all the water is absorbed.
Remove the lid and fluff up the rice with a fork.
- Heat oil in a non stick pan, add the minced garlic. Once the raw smell of the garlic goes add the rice, chickpeas, lemon juice, zest, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Cook for a minute or two and switch off the flame.
- Garnish with some chopped coriander and lemon slices.
Nutrient value per serving
- Calories 327 kcals
- Carbs 61.2 gms
- Protein 10.2 gms
- Fat 4.7 gms
Prep time: 5 mins | Cooking time: 30 mins | Total Time: 35 mins