Ever tried making your favorite badam halwa with gond (edible gum)? If you haven’t then we have a perfect recipe for you!
Note – Gond is heat producing and hence not advised during pregnancy. It is beneficial post pregnancy only and can also be taken in the winter months.
- 250g Almonds, peeled
- 200g sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup ghee
- 1 L Milk
- 100g edible gum, optional
- Soak almonds overnight and peel.
- Grind almonds along with milk and make a smooth paste. Add water to sugar and cook to make sugar syrup.
- Once the syrup is ready add ghee and the almond paste.
- Cook on low heat till it is quite thick and ghee starts coming on the surface ( about 1 to 1 1/2 hours).
- Fry the edible gum in 1 tbsp of ghee separately, crush and add to the Halwa when it is almost dry.
- Remove from heat and spread on a tray and flatten it. Refrigerate to make it firm. Cut into small diamond shaped pieces