Enjoy this colorful,tangy, crunchy, fresh cucumber salad, full of vitamins and minerals and fiber,perfect mid evening snack when trying to lose the pregnancy weight.
Ingredients for the salad
- 2 seedless cucumber
- 2 large carrots
- 1/2 red and yellow pepper each
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp white or black sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup roasted peanuts(optional)
- 1 green onion slices
- 2 tbsp coriander chopped
Ingredients for the dressing
- 2 tbsp of Apple cider vinegar/rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp of honey
- 1 tsp of grated ginger
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Trim the end of the cucumber and use the julienne peeler or spiralizer to slice the cucumber. Place the sliced cucumber in a colander and toss them with 1 tsp of salt. Let the cucumbers sit in the colander for 15 minutes.
- While the cucumber is draining, slice the carrots and the sweet pepper.
- Once the cucumber has drained for at least 15 minutes spread them on a paper towel and pat them dry.
- Place the cucumber, carrots, pepper in a large mixing bowl large enough to hold the salad
- Mix all the ingredients of the dressing together and add 2 to 3 tbsp of the dressing on the salad. Top with sliced green onions, sesame seeds, peanuts and coriander and serve it immediately.
Nutrient value per serving
Carbs 18.5 gms
Proteins 3.2 gms
Fat 9.2 gms
Prep time: 10 mins | Cooking time: 20 mins | Total Time: 30 mins | Yields: 4 servings